Tuesday, December 8, 2009

4 Months

It's December 8th- the NewlyHusband and I have been married 4 months today. On November 8, I showed you all a glimpse of our fabulous honeymoon. So I decided to carry on the tradition and on each one of our monthiverssaries, show you a little part of our wedding or wedding events. Since I started at the end with the honeymoon, I decided to come back to the beginning today- the proposal.

The NewlyHusband proposed to me on December 31, 2008. For New Years Eve, him and I and my best friend and her husband went to the Comedy Zone to celebrate- they do an hour comedy show and then dancing till 1 am. I certainly was not expecting a proposal. The first slow slong to come on was Tiny Dancer by Elton John. So we went onto the dance floor and he started telling me that he loved me and how he wanted to marry me. And I'm like Yeah I want to marry you too one day. We've had the talk before, so I thought we were just talking casually about it again. Until...He got down on one knee in the middle of the dance floor!! I couldn't believe it. When he said "Will you marry me?" I said "Shut up!" Haha- I was just so shocked. I then nodded my head excitedly and ran off the dance floor and hugged my best friend.

It was just the absolute best night. People were congratulating us, the dj made an announcement, and since we didn't get a picture someone offered to take a re-enactment photo. So the NewlyHusband got down on one knee in the hallway outside of the bathrooms and we got a picture. We ran into a lady that worked there a couple months later and she said "Oh yeah! You're the ones who got engaged in front of the bathroom!" Poor NewlyHusband was all romantic and proposed in the middle of the dance floor and this lady thought he pulled out the ring for the first time in front of the freakin restrooms.

Pictures from that night for your viewing pleasure:
Beginning of the night

Re-enactment photo
NewlyHusband, Me, BFF's Hubby, and BFF

Coming up on our 5 monthaverssary: Professional Engagement Photos!

6 comments:

  1. What a terrific story and captured in pictures, re-enactments and all! Love it, so original and so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. I love that story!! Happy 5 monthaversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I love this story!

    when Sean proposed, my initial reaction was "shut the fuuck up! are you serious?!"

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Happy 5 months! :) The bathroom picture/story made me giggle!

    How sweet he proposed in front of everyone!!

    ReplyDelete