Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
At the end of the reception
Monday, October 26, 2009
The absolutely fabulous Brittany tagged me with the Tag You're It award. Thanks Britt!
1. Answer with 5 answers.
2. Tag 5 friends.
1). What were you doing 10 years ago?
a. I was a freshman in high school
b. I was dated a guy named Jon for 3 months
c. Hanging out with my best friend at the time, Cortney
d. I had my first real kiss on the bleachers at the Homecoming Game
e. I painted my face and colored my hair for high school football games
2). What 5 things are on your to-do list for today
a. Write a blog (ha almost done with this one already)
b. Get a pedicure
c. Finish reading "The Burning of Bridget Cleary" for a test I have tomorrow.
d. Cook something good for dinner
e. Go to Target for ziplock bags, water, Rock Stars, and taco flavored pizza rolls
3). Snacks you enjoy
a. Fruit snacks, like the shark kind
c. Ice Cream
d. Chips and salsa or cheese dip
4). Places You've Lived
b. South Carolina
d. New York (upstate, not city)
5). What are 5 Things you would do if you were a billionaire?
b. Buy a fab house
c. Be able to buy all the clothes and shoes I can't afford now
d. Donate to charity
e. Make sure mine and the Newly Husband's families were taken care of.
Oops! I almost forgot to nominate 5 people:
1. Just A Titch
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Update: They found a child's body, but are not positive it is Somer's.
Update 2: They are now saying it was a little girl's body they found in a landfill. Although they have not come out with a positive id, they have changed this from a search and rescue to a criminal investigation.
How does this happen? You are walking home from school Monday and they find you in a landfill Wednesday. What kind of horrible person could do something like this?
Last Update: They did ID the body as Somer Thompson. Horrible.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Last night, something happened that really showed me why I married the man I did. I always go to bed earlier than the Newly Husband. Our sleep schedules are just different. I get whiny if I'm not in bed by 10. He can't fall asleep earlier than 1 am. So last night, I was incredibly tired (as I always am on Sunday nights) and went to bed. I laid in bed for a bit, frustrated that I was sleepy but couldn't fall asleep. I shuffled out into the living room and told the Newly Husband why I was frustrated. He had his laptop on his lap. As soon as I told him what was up, he put the laptop on the ground, opened up his arms to me, and let me fall asleep on his lap. He didn't even hesitate in stopping what he was doing (fantasy football I'm sure) and opening himself up to his wife.
I know this may seem small, but it is the daily small things that make me realize how blessed I am to be married to him. When I come home from a 12 hour day at work, he has a glass of wine poured for me and dinner on the stove. When I have a lot of homework, he cooks, cleans, and even offers to go to the grocery store. This man takes care of me in so many different ways.
He is hilarious. No one knows the total goofiness of my husband but me and I love it. I love that he dances and sings songs about mowing the grass.
If we have a day off together (very rare), he appreciates it and makes sure we do something fun.
He asks what I want and looks out for my needs before his own and I hope that I do the same for him. We were once told that a relationship cannot be 50/50. It has to be 100/100 and he gives 100%.
He hands over the remote, even during Monday Night Football (yaknow, as long as the Jags aren't playing).
Although he does a great job showing me he loves me, he also tells me he loves me. Sometimes I need to hear the words.
He gobbles up the dinner I make and tells me how good it is, because he knows I'm insecure about my cooking skills.
He makes me feel sexy on days I feel nothing but ugly.
He is a big brother to my little sister, who needs a good male influence in her life. This is so precious to me.
He goes to my family gatherings even when I have to work and can't make it. On the same note, he encourages to me to go to things his friends are doing, even when he is out of town.
He talks about me when I'm not around. Sometimes this one makes me nervous, but it makes me feel good that he is proud enough to have me as his wife that he wants to tell strangers at the poker table about me.
He has his guy time and wants me to have my girl time.
Although I moved into his house, he works hard to make sure that I feel like it's my home too.
I know this may seem like nothing to the people reading this, but to me it means so much. I went through relationships that weren't right for me and breakups that I thought broke my heart, but I truly feel that we learn what we need to learn in those wrong relationships so that we can be the right person in the right relationship.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
So, here goes: my top 3 hated reality tv "stars"
Number 3- Natalie from last season's Big Brother. This chick was awful- she was incredibly annoying, slept in the HOH room every week even though it took her until the end to actually win HOH, thought she was better than everybody. And the kicker- the episode where her boyfriend showed up and proposed. She showed no excitement and then lied about it even happening. She was 10 times more excited to win HOH than to accept the marriage proposal. Thank goodness she didn't win. The hate has died down now that I am not watching her three times a week.
Number 2- Heidi and Spencer Pratt from The Hills. I was going to just sat Spencer, because he is the world's biggest douche, but Heidi too because she puts up with it. The Hills is the show I watch when I've already watched all the other On Demand shows that I watch and there isn't much else that interests me. We could probably write a whole blog on the dickhead things Spencer has done, but how bout just the most recent? When he and Heidi were house shopping, he brought her to a house to look at. She said she didn't like it, but there were some aspects she liked. He said "Good. Cuz I already put an offer in." Dude bought a freaking house without talking to his wife about it first. My husband would be hurtin if he did this. Last episode, Spencer kicked a little kid out of their house that Heidi was watching and playing with, telling the kid to "say goodbye forever." My hate for him really does continue on to her though, because she married him and she puts up with all he does. She deserves the crappy marriage.
Number 1- And most fresh in my mind, Tracy from this season's Biggest Loser. How the hell does she keep winning challenges and controlling the game? That's gotta be the devil's work or something. She screws everyone over every episode, is a complete liar, and an annoying crybaby. I almost threw the remote at the tv last night when they didn't send her home. And now I dislike the whole blue time, because with all their whining and bitching about Tracy, they still didn't send her home. They also deserve everything they get. If I ran into her in the street, it would take a lot of self control not to punch her.
And yes, I do realize I am a complete loser for writing a whole post on reality tv.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I went to a surprise birthday party on Saturday night. Now, I have to leave my house at 6am every Saturday and Sunday for work, so as you can imagine, I usually don't go out Friday or Saturday night. And I wasn't planning on it Saturday. But some friends called and I couldn't turn it down. The NewlyHusband was out of town golfing and it was his friend's surprise party, so I figured I better represent for us. It was a blast! I stayed till midnight, which I know doesn't sound that late, but is for this chick that likes to get her sleep before work. Here's the birthday boy's shirt.
Monday was Columbus Day and since the NewlyHusband is lucky enough to work in a financial institution, we had a day off together. We did a tour and tasting at San Sebastian Winery. Always wonderful to have a day off with the hubby!
Now on to the not so good. First of all, the reason I am home writing this blog post right now instead of in class where I should be is because my car battery is dead. I was running late as usual this morning, ran out to my car thinking if I hurry I can make it to class on time, stuck the key in the ignition, and got that awful sound that is the car saying "Idiot. You left your trunk open, which means the inside light was on all night long. So, yeah, I'm not starting up for you today." There is no one around to jump my car, so I will probably be missing all 3 of my classes today. Not good. 2 will be handing back midterms and they all take roll.
And on to the worst part of the weekend. We were pretty slow at work on Sunday, so I was able to catch most of the Red Sox game. They scored more runs in the first 3 innings than they had in the last 2 games comined, so I was hopeful. They put Pap in in the 8th, so I'm thinking "We got this. We're in it for at least one more game." Andddd I don't know what happened. Papelbon was not all there. And so, my beloved Sox got swept by the Angels. And now I need to root for those Angels to beat the Yankees. Until next season, Sox. See ya in Spring Training.
Friday, October 9, 2009
1. The shuttle bus drivers on campus- Really dude- you do know that you have a shuttle crammed full of college students? Half us are standing up, bag full of books on shoulder, one hand grasping the little rope thingy that hangs down. Yet you feel the need to slam on your brakes every 30 seconds. And when pulling out from the stop, is it really necessary to start going, slam on the brakes to pick someone up you see walking, start going, slam on the brakes again for someone else. Just go damn it. I am trying not to vomit because of your shitty driving. And getting thrown back and forth is not helping matters. Just because we are stuffed onto this bus, it does not mean that we don't fly when you hit the brakes. K Thanks.
2. Fake wedding websites for tv characters- I love The Office, I do. And I truly enjoyed the Pam and Jim wedding episode. It was great. But I have some breaking news for you (please don't cry, it will be ok)... Pam and Jim are NOT REAL PEOPLE. They are characters played by actors. So do they really need a wedding website with registries, location info, pictures, and a guest book? People go on to this site and sign their guestbook, saying things like "Congrats! So happy for you guys." I don't watch Grey's Anatomy, but the chick on there that got married had a wedding website too. Seriously, past the age of 8, should I really have to be telling you that the people on tv aren't real?
Those are the main two things annoying me lately. The NewlyHusband is going on a golf trip tonight, so I have a frozen pizza, a Hersheys dark chocolate bar, and a yet to be determined chick flick planned for tonight. Ahhh...
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
1. Live It, Love It Who doesn't have LiLu in their reader? Seriously, almost every blog I've clicked on has this blog on their blogroll. She can be counted on to post daily throughout the week, so you never have to go too long without her. She is hilarious and seems like the kind of girl everyone wants to be friends with. She does a special called TMI Thursdays, which you absolutely have to check out. It has become a phenomenon in the blogosphere and many other bloggers play along. This is the girl who inspired me to blog.
2. The Heir to Blair The Heir to Blair is the only blog other than Live It, Love It that I have actually read all the archives on. It is a pregnancy blog and she actually just passed her due date, so the little one should be here any day now. I promise this is the funniest pregnancy blog you will ever read. She is extremely witty and just, well, fabulous. She balances the funny with the sincere in a way that makes you want to read more.
3. Just A Titch I was drawn to this blog initially because my old roomie calls me Titch. I've stuck around cuz there is something about Amy that is just very readable and relatable. She is a teacher, which leads to some really funny stories. She blogs about herself and her life and is another one of those gals that just by reading, you could see yourself being friends with. Her blog posts almost always make me laugh.
4. Caramel Covered Photographs. I have only recently found this blog and I love it. She is such a sweetie, and a lot of time when she posts something, I think "Me too!"
5. 2 Dogs and a Blog Kari is a newlywed, like me, blogging about her life. Just a very real blog andplusalso she posts Recipe Tuesdays. Yum! Her most recent is a hot chicken casserole that I may have to try to make next week.
6. A Lion Inside Me Among other things, Sessa posts about her adventures in journalism school. I'll just say that I don't think I could ever do it. Lots of laughs.
7. Dara on the Hunt Dara was posting about her job search and the interesting happenings that come with it. She did get a job though, so I'm interested to see what direction her blog goes in now. She's a lot of fun.
8. Middle Aged Waitress If you have ever served in a restaurant before, you have to check out this blog. I'm sure you will relate. Oh it makes me so so happy I'm out of restaurants.
9. Not That Kind of Girl Not That Kind of Girl moved to Boston from Cali and is blogging about doing things that she would usually not do. If you haven't checked her out yet, I highly recommend it.
10. Tales of a Southern Belle and Her Beau I kinda feel like Brittany and I are blog buddies. Is that weird? Probably. Such a nice girl and I really enjoy her blog.
11. The Other 98 Cents KC blogs about the crazy goings ons in celebrity gossip, etc. She seriously cracks me up, and most of the time I totally agree with her.
12. Vanessaings Vanessa ties the majority of her blog posts to songs and I have found a few great new songs through her blog.
For other great reads (cuz I'm a cheater like that), check out My Husband is Annoying, Lemmonex's Out of the Frying Pan and into the Mire, The Pilgrim Congress, Reinventing Sandy B, and Shopaholic Social Worker
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Here are the rules:
1. You can only say Guilty or Innocent.
2. You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks! (So leave a comment if you have a question.)
3. Copy and paste this into your notes , delete mine and type in your answers and tag your friends to answer this.
Asked someone to marry you? Innocent
Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Guilty
Danced on a table in a bar? Guilty
Ever told a lie? Guilty
Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty
Kissed a picture? Guilty
Slept in until 5 PM? Innocent
Fallen asleep at work/school? Innocent
Held a snake? Innocent
Been suspended from school? Innocent
Worked at a fast food restaurant? Guilty
Stolen from a store? Innocent
Been fired from a job? Guilty
Done something you regret? Guilty
Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? Innocent
Caught a snowflake on your tongue?Guilty
Kissed in the rain? Guilty
Sat on a roof top? Guilty
Kissed someone you shouldn't? Guilty
Sang in the shower? Guilty
Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? Innocent
Shaved your head? Innocent
Had a boxing membership? Innocent
Made a girlfriend cry? Innocent
Been in a band? Innocent
Shot a gun? Innocent
Donated Blood? Innocent
Eaten alligator meat? Guilty
Eaten cheesecake? Guilty
Still love someone you shouldn't? Innocent
Have/had a tattoo? Guilty
Liked someone, but will never tell who? Innocent
Been too honest? Guilty
Ruined a surprise? Guilty
Ate in a restaurant and got really bloated that you couldn’t walk afterwards? Guilty
Erased someone in your friends list? Guilty
Dressed in a woman’s clothes (if you’re a guy) or man’s clothes (if you’re a girl)? Guilty
Joined a pageant? Innocent
Had communication with your ex? Guilty
Got totally drunk on the night before exam? Innocent
Got so angry that you cried so hard? Guilty
I'm tagging just a few blogs that I think would enjoy this and that I think you all would enjoy reading!
Caramel Covered Photographs
Shopaholic Social Worker
A Southern Belle and Her Beau
Monday, October 5, 2009
My little sister turns 21 today! Wow. I feel a tiny bit old because of that. We are going out as a family tonight for Mexican to celebrate (yum!) The NewlyHusband and I got her an ABC Liquor gift card. I got one of those when I turned 21 and it was one of my favorite gifts. You know, we all drink before we turn 21 (oh you didn't? Uhh...yeah me neither- nope not a sip of alcohol till my 21st...ha actually I think I drank more when I was 19 and 20 then when I was 21), but it's fun to be able to actually buy something from the liquor store after you turn 21. I am excited for her, but yeah, if you live in North Florida, just watch your back on the road. Haha.
So, I know you're all dying with curiosity as to what the NewlyHusband and I did with our rare day off together. Yeah, don't lie. You were at your computer, checking your reader every 5 minutes- what did Tara do on Saturday...oh I can't stand the suspense- post Tara post!
Well, I'm here to tell ya. We spent our wedding gift cards and went to Total Wine. Our experience at Total Wine:
We pull up into the parking lot and see all these people with grocery carts. The NewlyHusband and I scoff and converse about what lushes these people must be to need a grocery cart in a store that carries nothing but alcohol. So we walk in and look around in awe, start checking out the wine.... we made it about 2 aisles into the store when the NewlyHusband turns around, walks out, and comes back with a cart. We left Total Wine with 8 bottles of wine, a 4 pack of a new kind of Sam Adams and a 6 pack of Woodchuck raspberry cider.
So the in laws just left and I have lots of studying to do for a midterm tomorrow and another midterm Thursday. Hope everyone has a good Monday!